Marton Manor Vision Statement
Marton Manor Primary School-where
‘every pupil matters and every moment counts’.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school with a warm and nurturing family feel; all staff work hard to ensure each child’s unique potential is at the heart of their approach to learning.
We provide places for children from ages 3-11 and also have a Local Authority SEND Support Base for pupils with a diagnosis of Autism.
Here at Marton Manor we want to develop the whole child and instil a lifelong love of learning through a rich, engaging and aspirational curriculum. We believe in working together to enable all children to become resilient, lifelong thinkers and learners who are well equipped for today’s diverse society.
At Marton Manor we want to develop the whole child and instil a lifelong love of learning through a rich, engaging curriculum.
We encourage effective, positive partnership working with families and our community .
- Be kind
- Be respectful
- Be honest
- Be resilient
- Be hardworking
- Be the best you can be!
Our Ethos that will help achieve our vision
- Experiences that will teach positive values and behaviour and emotional intelligence.
- Promotion of respect for all regardless of gender, ethnicity, culture and religion
- Engagement of all stakeholders – pupil voice; family participation; governor involvement in strategic development; approachable staff who work as a strong, well- trained team
- Engage with the local community and wider world to help children to appreciate diversity and develop their critical faculties.
- Quality first teaching using evidence- based strategies and approaches, reflective teaching and sharing of good practice
- Effective use of support staff to promote rapid, sustained progress and achievement using effective assessment
- A safe and supportive environment where children enjoy learning and can take considered risks
- Positive inclusion and carefully targeted interventions to ensure educational opportunity for all
- Timely, efficient working with professionals to support pupils in need of additional help
- Securing of basic skills, knowledge and understanding to ensure all children have a solid foundation on which they can build
- First hand, challenging learning experiences and use of technology to provide an engaging, relevant, broad and balanced curriculum for 21st century learners
- Links with other organisations to enable pupils to prepare for the next stage in their education and enter it with confidence
More about us
Our school is on its journey to become an OPAL School-we value outdoor play & learning. We have large playing fields, an orchard and a garden with an enclosed pond area. We have a trim trail and an Early Years playground with soft pore surfaces. We offer opportunities for children to play across all year groups together and really encourage our older children to be positive role models for younger children.
Our Educational Aims
- We aim to extend a warm welcome and develop positive relationships with all our families.
- Children are encouraged to respect and value all people and to celebrate their similarities and differences.
- We want to promote children’s physical and mental well-being, helping them to feel respected and valued.
- We want every child to make a positive contribution to their local community and the wider world.
- We want to develop their talents to the full, feeling safe to take risks with their learning in the knowledge that mistakes are an opportunity for growth.
There is one class per year group and classes are arranged to accommodate up to 30 children in each year group.
The Nursery has a limited number of 16 30 hour places for eligible children (five full days). There are then a further 10 places for each morning and 10 places for each afternoon session, which children attend 5 days per week. Our older nursery attend chidren atend morning sessions, our younger nursery starters attend on an afternoon then move to mornings in the September before they are due to start fulltime school.
We also run a competitvely priced Breakfast & Afterschool Club (BASC), this runs from 7.50am and afterschool closes at 5.30pm. Please enquire at the school office for further information.