Children, young people and families can face many challenges. We all need support to navigate difficult times. Sometimes children may:
- Feel anxious or experience low mood
- Find it difficult to control their emotions, getting angry or upset
- Have suffered a loss, such as a bereavement or find it difficult to understand changes at home
- Have struggles at home and need someone impartial to talk to
- Have difficulty making and maintaining friendships
Marton Manor Primary School are able to offer support within school, as well as working in partnership with other agencies that deliver emotional support to children and young people.
We have a Thrive Practitioner in school who is trained in helping children and young people learn about their emotions and regulate their own behaviour.
We work in partnership with The Junction, a well respected charity, based in Tees Valley supporting children, young people (up to the age of 25) and families with additional challenges. They can offer support through five streams of work:
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Emotional Wellbeing, Youth Employment
- Young Carers’
- Youth Services,
- Specialist Children and Young People’s Transport
We also work closely with The Bungalow Partnership, who are a team of highly qualified and experienced Play Therapists, Psychotherapists, Counsellors and Family Mentors, providing a wide range of therapeutic support for those experiencing periods of uncertainty, distress and anxiety.
Further Information and Advice
We are also able to refer to our Educational Psychologist, Early Help Services or Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) if required.
If you need more information please contact Mrs Blades, our Pastoral Lead.